How to Host a High-Tech Tailgate at Home
Football season is officially upon us, and even if you’re not a fan of the sport, everybody loves a great tailgate party. The burgers, the hot dogs, perhaps a few beers—what’s not to love? Tailgating has become as much of an American pastime as the sport itself.
Of course, not everyone can afford tickets to see their favorite team in person. Or maybe you’d rather just avoid the crowds and enjoy the game from the comfort of your own home. Who says you have to set up shop in the stadium parking lot? Just because you don’t have an actual tailgate, doesn’t mean you can’t throw a top-notch tailgating party!
Here are some high-tech tips for throwing a smart home-tailgate to remember:
- Enjoy stadium-quality sound with immersive audio from Pulse Link, the LED lightbulb that doubles as a JBL surround sound speaker system. Just connect Link to your TV and network up to 8 Pulse bulbs for high-quality audio without the eyesore or tripping hazard of wires. It might be better than being there in person!
- Sport your colors. No tailgate would be complete without dressing the part - throw on your jersey, add a little face paint, decorate your space with team-colored accessories and break out the insulated beverage holders. Go the extra mile with color-changing lightbulbs that immerse the entire room in you team's colors.
- Get your grilling game on point. Whether you’re a burgers and brats or a steak and kabobs kind of grill master, you know that nothing ruins a grilled meal like dry, overcooked meat. Bluetooth thermometers make it easy to know when the meat is just right. Simply insert the probe, and walk away. Most smart thermometers connect to a mobile app and send alerts once the desired temperature is reached, allowing you to enjoy the company of friends or the game without worry.
- Give your Wi-Fi signal a boost. Today’s streaming devices make it easy to watch the game from pretty much anywhere—as long as you have a signal. And, of course, all of your guests will want to stay on top of the social media chatter about the big plays. To make sure you have the bandwidth you need, add a Wi-Fi extender to your home network. Boost hides an extender inside an LED lightbulb to ensure signal reaches the downstairs game room, patio or backyard.
- Chill out in style. Whether your tailgate party is indoors or out, you’ll want to keep plenty of cold beverages on hand. Consider adding an outdoor fridge to your patio, or for the indoor crowd, consider a cool new coffee table that features a built-in refrigerator drawer to keep plenty of your favorite beverages handy so no one has to miss a second of the excitement.
Planning the perfect tailgate party is easy with the right smart home solutions. With quick installation and simple setup, Sengled’s complete line of smart lighting products can help you enjoy a fun, memorable and fan-tastic football season!