There’s a reason the phrase “adding color” to something is synonymous with greater enjoyment or enhanced experience. Without color, our world would be a fairly dull place. And while we may take nature’s palate at face value, many of us recognize that there are some colors that speak to us on a deeper level. Colors elicit emotion, make us feel more invigorated or perhaps even the opposite—groggy and drained.
With today’s technology, it’s never been easier to customize our world to our color preferences. Color-changing light bulbs provide an unbelievable spectrum of shades to create the exact atmosphere, ambiance or environment we want, to match any mood or occasion.
While it may seem like a novelty purely for aesthetics, there are several benefits to having control over the light color in your home, some that can directly affect your health and wellbeing. Here are five reasons everyone needs color-changing bulbs in their life:
- To boost productivity. There’s plenty of evidence showing that lighting has a direct impact on productivity, especially in office environments. Now, Element Color Plus goes beyond static warm white or cool white light and offer a full range of warm-to-cool-to-color that can enhance performance for certain types of tasks. Whether you need to buckle down to complete an important project, or you need a boost to get moving on that household chores list, installing Element Color Plus around your home can ensure you find exactly the right shade of light to keep you focused, whether that’s Daylight White or Productive Purple. And, because Element Color Plus bulbs integrate with voice assistants like Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant, you don’t have to drop what you’re doing to make lighting adjustments via an app or switch. Just speak your request and Element Color Plus adjusts!
- To brighten the mood. Research also highlights how lighting can affect moods. Whether you suffer from seasonal affective disorder (SAD) or the winter blues, you’ve probably heard how the lack of bright light can make you feel irritable, tired, and depressed. Element Color Plus can help alleviate those symptoms, or simply lift your spirits on a lousy day by allowing you to adjust the lighting inside your home to a brighter, more invigorating color. If you’re having trouble finding the motivation to get out of bed or off the couch, connect the Element hub to Amazon Echo or Google Home, then speak your request to adjust lights to a brighter, happier color that helps get you moving.
- To be the hostess with the mostest. Everyone knows that festive lighting makes any gathering or party that much more fun. And a quick Google or Pinterest search for “party lighting” reveals hundreds, if not thousands, of ideas. Rather than splurge on fancy light strings that you’ll only use once or twice, let Solo Color Plus turn your parties into the place to be for all of your friends and family. With a built-in Bluetooth speaker, Solo Color Plus lets you connect to any mobile device and customize the color, volume, and brightness to match the occasion. Or chose Rhythm mode for an array of colored light that changes to the beat of the music, just like your own personal DJ light show.
- To get migraine relief. Migraine headaches can be debilitating and often force those afflicted to sequester themselves in a dark room to suffer the symptoms in quiet isolation. New evidence shows that low-intensity green light can help bring up to 20% pain reduction for migraine sufferers, and Element Color Plus makes it easy to select a soothing shade of green custom to your needs through the app or by using your voice.
- To sleep better. A lack of quality sleep can leave you exhausted, groggy and more susceptible to illness. With more people than ever now suffering from insomnia and sleep disorders, researchers claim it could be linked directly to our constant use of electronic devices that emit blue light, which interferes with our natural circadian rhythms. Installing Element Color Plus throughout your home can help put your body clock back in order. Create a schedule to have lights automatically dim to warm, soothing shades near bedtime to signal to your body that it’s nearly time for rest. Then, create a Wake Up Routine to have lights gradually increase brightness in shades of pink and orange. A gradual wakeup that mimics a natural sunrise is far less traumatic than a screaming alarm.
Switching out outdated light bulbs with Element Color Plus and Solo Color Plus is a simple, affordable way to make every day brighter, healthier and more enjoyable. Not only for yourself, but also your family and friends. How will you Color Your Element?